General Writing Board
The General Writing Board, as part of the established ACADEMY OF GRAPHOLOGIST, runs a professional series of training courses in handwriting research and thematic courses on selected topics.
The classes are aimed at people who want to:
- learn to study handwriting and documents from scratch in order to practise as a writing expert, graphologist
- supplement their qualifications by completing selected thematic courses
- become familiar with the practical requirements of the function of an expert witness
Form of classes:
- Stationary (individual or in groups of 2-4 persons)
- Online (individual)
- Course cycle: Training from No. 1 to No. 5 (from the basics to obtaining a certificate of professional qualification)
- Thematic (complementary qualification)
Background information on the training cycle:
- The training cycle is organised in stages 1 – 5 described below.
- The trainings take place sequentially according to the list below (this means that you cannot sign up immediately for a training in e.g. stage 3).
- Enrolment in each subsequent stage requires passing the previous stage.
- Each stage lasts 6 months.
- Each stage comprises an initial theoretical part (depending on the syllabus, 1 or 2 workshop days) and a practical part lasting 6 months, in which the Trainee carries out exercises and finally a test to verify his/her knowledge.
- The theoretical part of the course is conducted in a stationary location and the practical part is conducted remotely.
- After passing a stage, a certificate is obtained confirming the completion of a given level/scope of training. Failure to pass (incorrectly performed exercises, missing exercises, exceeding the deadline for sending exercises, negative result of the knowledge verification at the end of the stage) does not entitle to receive a certificate or any certificate of participation in a part of the classes.
- Training is delivered by practising handwriting and document examination experts. The participant in the series of courses is under the constant supervision of a designated mentor, who ensures that the exercises are carried out correctly and that the correct habits of a handwriting examiner are acquired.
- Payment for each stage is made in full, on the basis of an invoice, before the start of the class according to the payment date indicated on the invoice.
- The price of each stage includes: classes, study and exercise materials, coffee refreshments.
Due to numerous inquiries, we kindly inform you that IN ORDER TO OBTAIN AN ENTRY IN THE LIST OF FORENSIC HANDWRITING EXAMINERS, YOU HAVE TO COMPLETE THE WHOLE CYCLE (FULL HANDWRITING EXAMINATION), AND PROVIDE DOCUMENTATION OF EXPERIENCE (work experience as a handwriting examiner).
The term EXPERT implies an expert level of qualification (knowledge + experience). Individual courses do not provide a basis for applying to be an expert witness.
Ladies and Gentlemen, until the end of 2021 trainings are held only in individual mode. You can therefore adjust the date of the selected classes to your own availability by arranging it directly with the office.
Classes are taught by high-class specialists in their fields, according to syllabuses that are as much as possible focused on practical aspects of work in order to prepare fully and reliably for professional work. The course of study is conducted in accordance with the class regulations and concludes with a test, the passing of which is followed by the issue of a nationally recognised certificate attesting to the qualification in the given stage.
Classes are organised periodically according to published schedules (below). Due to the unlawful duplication of GWB training syllabuses, syllabus details are made available after enrolment.
A training course designed to provide background information on the science of handwriting examination, discuss the substantive scopes of handwriting analysis, and provide a workshop to practice handwriting features measuring.
Training aimed at learning the relationship between graphic features and personality traits. The course syllabus includes such issues as: explaining the science of psychographics, psycho-spatial symbolism and more…
Training aimed at presenting modern handwriting examination possibilities, types of examinations, types of documents necessary for examinations, methods of collecting and gathering comparative material, correctness of formulating theses of the order, familiarisation with the scope of examinations and their time-consumption in relation to the assessment of expert’s work time.
THEMATIC COURSES TO SUPPLEMENT THE QUALIFICATIONS
Upon completion of training courses 1-5 or for current expert witnesses
(on presentation of diplomas attesting to a basic professional qualification)
The course includes topics on the analysis of children’s and adult drawings. The training will discuss typical motifs of conference scribblings and tips for interpreting children’s drawings. The training also includes the analysis of as many as 5 types of drawing psychographic tests.
The course includes an in-depth discussion of the psychographic drawing test called “Freud’s Window”. This test cross-sections the different zones of life, and learning how to conduct and analyse it allows you to correctly interpret the drawings.
The course includes topics on warning signs in handwriting and a set of character traits to guard against. The basics of handwriting analysis will be complemented by learning how to interpret warning signs in writing and how to recognise the handwriting of, for example, an impostor, aggressive person, addict, materialist. An extremely interesting syllabus which is immediately applicable to everyday life.
GWB welcomes current and future handwriting enthusiasts.
Do you know our NEWSLETTER?
A quarterly journal featuring publications on forensic, psychological, and clinical writing, educational materials, industry trivia, interviews with industry insiders, news from GWB proceedings, and more.